Improve how your site is ranked by search engines
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the practice of improving search engine ranking by including content and other information that search engines look for
Search ranking is influenced by many things including links from other sites and good quality content. A good place to start learning about SEO is https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
Changing your SEO details
1. Click Site settings
2. Click SEO
This title will be set as the default for each page on your site
Use unique page titles for each page on your site. This will help with indexing
The main language used on the site
This is a summary of your site that gets shown by search engines to help people decide if they want to visit your site
- Keep it short - under 150 characters
- Be concise and informative
These are words and phrases that help search engines link your site content to a related search
- Keywords should be used consistently across your site - in content, page titles and in your SEO settings
- Update your keywords regularly
- Try to use keywords that represent your site rather than picking what you think will be popular
- Do not repeat keywords
Page settings and SEO
Each page of your site needs some basic SEO information
Give each page an appropriate title and description
- Click the More button ( ⋮ )
- Select Edit page settings
4. Title in Browser can include some brief additional information about your site. For example: "Mountain Tours - Contact Us"
5. Page URL is the path to the page e.g. www.yoursite.com/tours - in most cases, you can leave this unchanged
6. Page status If you want this page to be hidden when the site is published, for example, if it's not finished yet, then set the status to Offline
7. Keywords A few descriptive keywords for your page - do not repeat words or use too many
8. Description Should be a short description of the page as you would like it to appear in a search engine listing
If you want your site to work well in search engines, it's worth learning a bit more about how page titles and descriptions are used by Google.
Please sign in to leave a comment.